WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE TRIP PRICE?
- Accommodation for the duration of the tour
- All Breakfast and Dinners during the trip
- The knowledge, support, and camaraderie of Gruppetto staff
- Daily route support
- Gruppetto Cycling Kit (Jersey & Bib Knicks)
- Entrance fees to all group events/activities if applicable
- All luggage transfers
- All transportation during the trip
- All gratuities for special events, local guides, transfers, hotels, and restaurants
- VIP Pricing for Partner Products
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Transportation to the trip pick-up location
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Gratuities for Gruppetto guides
- Personal items purchased during the trip
WHAT IS THE WEATHER GOING TO BE LIKE?
Weather in the mountains of Italy is always unpredictable! Be prepared for any kind of weather, including winter. Temperatures range from -2 to 30 degrees Celsius (30 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit) and we recommend to pack your warmers, winter and spring gloves, rain jacket, wind breaker, and booties. Being prepared for the weather can make a challenging ride much more enjoyable!
WHAT ARE THE DAILY RIDES LIKE?
Average Daily Distance | 35miles or 55km (open to participants)
Terrain | mountainous
Average Daily Elevation | 3000ft or 990m
Gruppetto strives to find quiet, paved secondary roads or bike paths to experience a region; busy roads are avoided as much as possible. Giro d’Italia is best suited for riders averaging more than 100km per week Our guides can also easily accommodate riders, who seek less mileage or fewer uphills, with a boost in the van. The terrain is challenging, with steep climbs followed by long descents. You can ride as much or as little as you like. See Itinerary for specific daily ride distance and elevation options and let us know what you'd like to do
WHAT to pack?
We want you to be prepared and as comfortable as possible throughout each day of your vacation. To help you, we have put together a list of essentials for your trip, from what to wear on the bike to what to bring to explore your destination by foot.
for the bike
We recommend being prepared for all weather conditions to be the most comfortable on the bike in any weather situation. This includes having layers, long-fingered gloves, tights/leg warmers, shoe/toe covers, arm warmers, rain gear, vest, wind jacket, and ear covers. In terms of spares we recommend 2 x spare tubes. Gruppetto will have tools & pumps.
off the bike
- Walking shoes
- Rain gear
- Sweater/jacket for cool evenings
- Dinner Attire: Casual
- 1 suitcase, 1 carry on/bag for the van - Pack Light
- Airline tickets/e-tickets
- Meeting and departing details
- Important contact information
Trent Wilson +61 414 246 430 | Simon Hammond +61 419 416 603
- Necessary medications
- Toiletries and personal items
- Personal identification
- Credit/debit cards
- Cash for lunch / incidentals
- Mobile phone and charger
- Photocopy of passport
- Power adapters